Summer 2016 Evaluation Comments

We got some very positive comments on our anonymous intern evaluations from last summer.  Here are a few…

Q:  Did you find the experience valuable?

A: This was one of the best experiences I’ve had that allowed me to see the environment that an organic chemist might be working in.

A:  I learned a lot about synthesis techniques and the importance of reproduceable results.  I also learned a lot about reaction planning and time management.  Overall, a very valuable experience.

Q:  What did you like most about the summer research experience?

A: I enjoyed the freedom to make a lot of research decisions independently while periodically checking in with Dr. Guarr.  I also like the freedom to get our 40 hours in many different ways.

A: The freedom to go in new directions with the project and being able to work with other students so that you could ask their opinions when making certain decisions.

A:  Learning about how what we’re doing in this lab will be applied to engineer better solutions for future technology.  Also, the people I met!

A:  I most liked working with Dr. Guarr and my lab mates.  Everyone here was very fun, kind, and intelligent.  I also really liked our well-rounded experience, with tours at New Holland Brewing, Gentex, and a presentation from a patent attorney.

A: Research + volleyball

Q:  Would you recommend the MSUBI Summer Intern program to others?

A: Absolutely!

Thank you for the kind words and additionally for the helpful feedback and suggestions you provided.  We will take your suggestions under advisement and continue to improve this program.