The Organic Energy Storage lab is affiliated with Michigan State University and located at the Bioeconomy Institute in Holland, Mich. We perform original research in chemistry fields such as alternative energy, organic synthesis, analytical chemistry, electrochemistry and device design.
If you are interested in applying for an internship with the lab this summer, the following is a partial list of potential projects that our students may be working on:
- Nonaqueous redox flow batteries
- Additives to prevent overcharging in lithium batteries
- Organic materials for supercapacitors
- Biosensors (nanoparticle-based chemiluminescence devices)
- Highly emissive organic materials