We are very excited to open the application process for Summer 2024!
Lots of info here:
- Summer researchers work on individual, unique projects.
- They are supervised by Dr. Tom Guarr, Director of R&D at the Michigan State University Bioeconomy Institute and PI of the OESLab.
- Please note the lab is in Holland, MI, not East Lansing, MI.
- Our summer program lasts ten weeks. This may be extended by mutual agreement.
- Start dates are flexible.
- We are paying $17.00/hr for 40 hours each week.
- We will help you find housing for the summer. Housing may be in a rental with other students.
- During the summer we will participate in a symposium/poster session where your individual research can be presented. Below are the areas of research. Please let us know which topics you are interested in.
- Redox-active organic materials for flow batteries
- Stable organic radicals
- Organic materials for supercapacitors
- Highly emissive organic compounds
- Photo-induced charge transport
- Look through this blog to see previous summer’s research groups and activities.
Please read this post carefully and follow directions to apply.
Go to careers.msu.edu. Search for job # 911371. Follow instructions to apply.
Please include with your application:
- Cover letter detailing which area of our research most interests you
- List of technical classes (You can send your transcript, but all we need is a list)
- At least one reference (preferably academic or research reference)
Please email Laura Ives at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. <—— that is me. I am very responsive.
Our application window will close February 29, 2024.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!